For the past 2 decades I have dedicated my life to teaching yoga, helping people feel and live a better life in the same way that yoga has transformed my life. I was a dancer with ABT for twelve years and also performed on Broadway in Phantom of the Opera. The stress and the wear and tear on my body and mind from that period made me realize I needed to make a change. I was told by a doctor to start Iyengar yoga, and I've never looked back. Yoga saved my life and now I give back to my community the gift of healing thru yoga.
I have taught throughout Litchfield County and in NYC. I teach open yoga classes of different levels, private classes, and do workshops with respected Doctors and other specialists. My primary focus has been with my community of students in my hometown of Kent, CT. We focus on quality not the quantity of movement in our classes. We have many props to support the body and different levels of yoga to meet each clients' needs: from those who have restricted movement and need a place to begin to advanced practitioners. At times I use soft rollers, slo-mo, gentle core, meditation and breath-work in my yoga classes. I have found in my years of teaching that each person is different and requires different needs. Every class is specific to who is in class that day.
I’ve witnessed many people in my community transform their bodies, minds, and lives thru yoga. There is nothing that helps me sleep better at night and brings me more joy than watching this change starting to take place. I know it well!
- A registered teacher with Yoga Alliance.
- 200 YRT Rodney Yee, Collen Saidman, Richard Rozen
- 500 YRT Kofi Busia
- I am in the middle of my 300 hours of embodied yoga with Patty Townsend.
- Dr. Jamie Naughright, athletic trainer for professional athletes and dynamic anatomy
- Jenny Kapuler Anatomy 2 years based on Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen.
- Iyengar Institute on NYC over 20 years
- Prenatal yoga Iyengar Institute of NYC Bobby Clennel
- Pilates Bente Dhal Busby
- Tai chi Woo Style Vinny Candela
- Yang Style Taijiquan with Bente Dahl Busy and Christopher Kiely
- American Ballet Theater 12 years
- Broadway Phantom of the Opera 8 years
- Yoga Union for back care and Scoliosis Deborah Wolk ( assistant)